Advice for SEND Parents
This is a challenging time for all young people and all parents/carers. However, we recognise that for parents of students with SEND, there may be particular challenges. Although the SEND team are not in school, we are still here to support you and are still liaising with the professionals who support your child.
Jane Wright (School SENCo) will be contacting SEND parents regularly via email with advice, support and guidance which has been shared with her. If you are not receiving these emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can be added to the list. We know that sometimes emails can be hard to find and so we have provided a full index of these emails with resources at the bottom of this page.
- The school is placing work on SMHW for all students, however, we recognise for some SEND students this may be a little overwhelming. Please use your own parental judgement with regard to the work being set and allow your son/daughter to express their work differently if this will make things easier e.g. a storyboard rather than a full piece of writing.
- SEND students often benefit from chunking work down into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Try to vary the activities as much as possible
- Focus on the positive - celebrate what has been achieved
- If it all goes wrong, don't worry! At this time, the most important thing is the emotional wellbeing of you and your child - prioritise this above everything else!