The governing body make strategic decisions to support the head teacher and senior leaders in setting the vision, direction and policy framework they need to lead the school effectively. The governing body, staff, pupils and parents subscribe to a shared vision and shared values.
Core functions of the Governing Body are to ensure:
- The school has effective leadership and high calibre staff
- Teaching and learning is consistently good or better
- The school has clear Goals and Development Plan
- Good progress and outcomes of students
- Required policies and procedures are in place
- The school has good financial management
The expectation is that governors should work with the school leaders to ensure there is a strategic and pragmatic approach to delivering good outcomes for all the young people in the school.
A professional approach to governance is taken. Governors have an overview of the achievement of pupils and the quality of teaching in the school. They ensure that the best staff are appointed and retained and they support development through the appraisal process. Governors keep up-to-date with their own development.
The Chair of Governors is Alex Sweet.
A full list of current governors is available on the Policy & Documents page of this website.
Governors can be contacted through the school.