GCSE Preparation Summer School 2023
Gladesmore Community School is running a summer school programme for Year 10 students to help them prepare for Year 11. Where possible, we expect all Year 10 students to take up this exciting opportunity that is offered free of charge.
This two-week programme starts on Monday 24th July. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their existing knowledge and understanding, reduce knowledge gaps, catch-up on missed learning, or pre-learn in preparation for next academic year. Students are expected to attend for the entire two weeks.
The programme information is as follows:
- Date: Monday 24th July - Friday 4th August (2 weeks):
- Time: 9:00am - 3:00 pm daily (Access via Gladesmore Road Entrance)
- Registration: 9:00am – 9:10am (Auditorium)
- Lesson 1: 9:10am – 10:40am
- Break: 10:40am – 11:00am (Tuckshop open)
- Lesson 2: 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Free Lunch/Home: 12:30pm – 1:00pm
- Extracurricular activities: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Subjects: Maths, Computer Science, English, Science, History, Geography, quiet independent study.
- Extracurricular Activities: 3D Animation, Volleyball, African dancing, Board games, Song writing, Basketball
There is no uniform requirement. Students should arrive with a pen/pencil and calculator.
We hope your child enjoys the programme.