Careers and Post-16
Careers is an important aspect of Gladesmore Community School's curriculum. Our local community of Tottenham has historically struggled with higher than usual levels of unemployment and job instability. So, we see it as vital, that our pupils have access to an inspirational and informative careers programme to help them to aspire to fulfil their potential.
We want all our pupils to leave us with a clear pathway and an understanding of the world of work so that they can achieve their ambitions, be positive role models and make a positive contribution to our society.
Our careers education programme aims to achieve this by:
- Raising expectations and aspirations of our pupils so that they feel confident to compete with pupils nationwide
- Educating pupils about the diverse range of pathways and careers which are open to them. We want to open their eyes to opportunities outside their life experience so far.
- Giving pupils access to a wide range of post-16 pathways and supporting them to make the best choice for them
- Educating pupils about university and apprenticeships so that these experiences seem accessible and normal for pupils from our area
- Providing a careers education programme in school which develops their understanding of the world of work and also encourages them to reflect on their strengths and areas for development
- Supporting pupils to gain an experience of work through partnerships with industry and placements
This section of the website pages is designed to support pupils and parents to learn about the different pathways and the exciting range of careers open to Gladesmore Community School pupils.
Measuring and assessing the impact of our careers programme on pupils
We use a variety of different measures to ensure that our careers programme is effective. These methods include:
- Rigorous tracking of pupils' applications and eventual destinations
- Regular evaluation of Careers Scheme of Work
- Displays around the school
- Engaging with ex-pupils to find out whether the careers programme met their needs
- Promotion of achievements and pathways of ex-pupils around the school
- Engaging ex-pupils to work with pupils and to provide real-life experiences of the world of work
The careers lead at Gladesmore is Mr P. Larvin (Deputy Head).
Questions about the Careers Programme
If you are a parent / carer, pupil, employer or external agency who has questions about Careers, please contact our Careers Lead either via the school reception (020 8800 0884 EXT: 128) or by email (email@example.com).
Careers information reviewed: September 2023. Next review: April 2024.