Careers and Post-16
Careers is an important aspect of Gladesmore Community School's curriculum. Our community has historically struggled with higher than usual levels of unemployment and job instability and so an inspirational and aspirational careers programme is vital if our pupils are to fulfil their potential.
We want all our students to leave us with a clear pathway and an understanding of the world of work so that they can achieve their ambitions, be positive role models and making a positive impact on society.
Our careers education programme aims to achieve this by:
- Raising expectations and aspirations of our students so that they feel confident to compete with students nationwide
- Educating students about the diverse range of pathways and careers which are open to them. We want to open their eyes to opportunities outside their life experience so far.
- Giving students access to a wide range of post-16 pathways and supporting them to make the best choice for them
- Educating students about university and apprenticeships so that these experiences seem accessible and normal for students from our area
- Providing a careers education programme in school which develops their understanding of the world of work and also encourages them to reflect on their strengths and areas for development
- Supporting students to gain an experience of work through partnerships with industry and placements
These pages are designed to support students and parents to learn about the different pathways and the exciting range of careers open to Gladesmore Community School students.
The careers lead at Gladesmore Community School is Mr Peter Larvin (Deputy Head). If you are a parent / carer, student, employer or external agency who has questions about Careers, please contact him direct either via the school reception or by email (email@example.com).
Careers information reviewed: November 2020
Next review: November 2021