All pupils must wear:
- Plain navy blue jumper with Gladesmore logo. This is compulsory and must be worn.
- Light blue shirt (must be tucked into skirt or trousers).
- School tie (must be purchased from school office) clipped on the collar or knotted high.
- Plain navy trousers (not tight fitting) or over the knee length skirt.
- Plain navy blue or black tights or socks worn just below the knee (no bare legs, no ankle socks, no coloured socks other than plain navy or black).
- Black shoes (No white or coloured laces/soles. No canvas or trainer style footwear including Vans or trainer style Kickers.)
- Plain colour outer jacket, preferably navy blue or black (no large logos, stripes or lettering)
Pupils may also wear:
- Kameez: navy blue or black (not shiny fabric) A school shirt and tie should be worn underneath.
- Headscarf or hijab: plain navy blue or black cotton (not shiny fabric or with embroidery, fancy edging or trimming).
Please note that pupils will be asked to go home and change into correct school uniform if they come to school wearing inappropriate items.
It is advised that all items are labelled with your child's full name so they can be returned if found.
Adaptation for COVID-19: PE Kit
Due to the pandemic, we are not allowing pupils to use the changing facilities in school. As a consequence, when pupils have PE on their timetables, we ask pupils to attend school wearing their full Gladesmore PE kit. Pupils in Year 8-11 will be given an iron-on badge which can be attached to the PE kit so that we can distinguish between the year groups to enable us to maintain social distancing and the integrity of the bubbles.
We know that some pupils are in the process of obtaining new PE kits. The PE faculty is understanding, and we ask pupils to wear plain sports clothing in the short term whilst they resolve the issue.
Uniform In Extreme Weather Conditions
It is important in extreme weather conditions we are safe and warm. Boots, trainers and sensible walking shoes are encouraged for the journey to and from school. However, Black ‘School Style’ Shoes should be worn inside the school buildings. Only in extreme weather conditions PLAIN BLACK BOOTS (no buckles) and trainers will be permitted. Pupils will be notified of this in advance.
Pupils are not allowed to wear:
- Hooded tops (should not be bought into school or will be confiscated)
- Trainers (except for PE)
- Coloured Timberlands
- Vans footwear
- Bandannas, headscarf, wool hats in school
- Fancy bows and hair accessories that are not navy blue of black
- Roll neck jumpers. If a jumper is worn it must be under the school shirt and plain white, black or navy.
- Large earrings (stud earrings only), heavy jewellery, buckled belts
- T-shirts visible under school shirts
Please note: nail and eyelash extensions and piercings are not permitted. This includes nose, lip, tongue and facial piercings and more than one stud in each ear. Pupils will be asked to remove these additions, in order for them to remain in school. Hair colour should also be natural to the child. Sanctions will be put in place for pupils until the issue is rectified.
Local school uniform supplier
Divine Solutions Schoolwear Ltd
3 Northumberland Park
020 8216 9113
As part of your regular uniform, having the correct equipment is essential. Pupils need to be equipped to learn and should bring the following items everyday:
- Blue / black pen (and a spare)
- Pencil and rubber
- Pencil sharpener
- School diary
- A reading book
- Coloured pencils or felt pens
- Maths equipment
- Headphones (non blue tooth)
Note: during the pandemic stationery cannot be purchased from the school main office.