We know that pupils thrive on positive feedback, and therefore we are always keen to recognise the efforts and achievements of all our pupils. We understand that the most valuable reward is often immediate and personal, for example a teacher verbally sharing with pupils the strengths of a particular piece of work or activity. However, we want parents / carers to be able to share in your child's successes, and so we regularly share information regarding achievements with you.
Examples of rewards that your child may receive:
- Positive messages/certificates sent to parents via the SIMS App;
- Student of the Week Award;
- Certificates given out at Awards Assembly (a special event held annually for all year groups);
- Invitations to special events e.g. Horror Night or Film Night;
- Year group celebrations including a disco and cinema experience;
- GladeStar Awards;
- Certificates from subject teachers;
- Prizes for attendance / punctuality;
- Pizza or Chicken Wing parties.
Achievement Points in SIMS
All staff at Gladesmore Community School are able to give achievement points to pupils. You will be able to see if your child has been given an achievement point in the SIMS App. Pupils can receive points for classwork, home learning or their conduct e.g. demonstrating the REACH values. If your child receives an achievement point, please ask them what they did to earn this point and praise them for it.
There are prizes for all pupils who manage to reach achievement milestones, as follows:
- 100 points — Green Badge
- 225 points — Silver Badge plus Gladesmore pen;
- 350 points — Gold Badge plus Gladesmore mug;
- 500 points — Rose Gold Badge plus Gladesmore USB and £10 Voucher.
In addition, each half-term, 10 pupils (2 per year group) are selected to receive fantastic prizes!
If you do not have access to the SIMS app, please click here to access the School Apps page for more information.