Gladesmore Community School is an inclusive and supportive environment. We endeavour to meet the needs of our pupils so that they can best access our broad and balanced curriculum. Our dedicated and experienced AEN team offer support to pupils with SEND. We recognise that our pupils are individuals and so support will differ for each pupil. Our support can include: small-group teaching, additional literacy provision, mentoring, differentiated materials, in-class support and emotional support.
The school has an excellent record of developing pupil skills and outcomes for pupils with SEND are strong. The department also prides itself on the social and emotional progress that pupils make while they are here.
If you wish to review our SEND policies and documents, please visit the Policies and Documents Index.
— Emma Davies, SENCO
Supporting EHCP Pupils at Gladesmore Community School
Every pupil with an EHCP has a Keyworker who will meet them regularly to track their progress and to support their education. Parents of EHCP pupils will be kept regularly updated and are invited into school to review progress regularly.
Transition Support for SEND
- Please click here for information about Year 7 transition support.
- Please click here for information about KS4 transition support.
Information from Haringey SEND Team and other local organisations
From time to time, the school receives newsletters and information which may be helpful to parents / carers. We may post some of these items onto the News Section, however, an archive of these resources can be accessed below. Parents/carers may also wish to consult our Agencies and Support or the Local Offer page for more information.
Recent & Upcoming Events
- 11th October 2023 - SEND Pathways to Employment
- 6th October 2023 - Preparing for Adulthood for Young People with SEND
- 11th July 2023 - Sharing an Autistic Discovery Journey
- 30th June 2023 - Futures Event @ Autism Hub
- 30th June 2023 - Year 5: Choosing a Secondary School (Online)
- 28th June 2023 - Ready for Reception