Transition Support for Year 7
We are really excited to welcome our new intake of pupils to Gladesmore Community School in September. Haringey Council manages the allocation of places following parent applications in the Autumn Term. If your child is successful in their application, you will have been notified in the Spring Term.
Please rest assured that any children that do transfer to Gladesmore in September will have the opportunity to spend time with us and participate in a full induction programme, including a summer school, so they will be well-prepared for the transfer. A very exciting time and a warm welcome awaits them.
A broad outline of the programme is below:
- Mid-May: Release of "Meet the Year 7 Team" video
- Mid-June: Induction packs emailed to families, contents will be explained in video
- 25th June and 2nd July: In-school One-to-One Parent/Carer meetings with Gladesmore Staff
- 5th July: Induction Day 1 (Group 1 pupils spend day at Gladesmore)
- 6th July: Induction Day 2 (Group 2 pupils spend day at Gladesmore)
- 9th and 16th July: Saturday School taster days
- 25th July to 10th August: Summer School
Whilst moving to secondary school is an exciting step for young people, we recognise that it can also be a stressful and worrying time for both parents and children. This section of the website also provides some information which we hope will help make the process smooth and successful.
If you have specific questions regarding transition, or if you would like to speak with someone at the School please contact us on: email@example.com and we will be happy to help.