Careers Visits and Presentations
Gladesmore Community School is always keen to share information about careers with pupils. We are aware that pupils cannot aspire to a career which they haven't even heard of. Moreover, we know that depictions of careers on-screen and in social media can be inaccurate and even misleading. We therefore endeavour to introduce pupils to real-life careers information as often as we can.
We are therefore always keen to take pupils to careers' fairs or to major careers' events. Our dedicated careers' team will take small groups to these events and we will also publicise these events with pupils so that they can visit in small groups with their parents/carers or friends.
Examples of regular visits include:
- What Career Live? What University Live? (Venue: Olympia, Hammersmith)
- Haringey Routes To Work Careers Live (Venue: Alexandra Palace, Haringey)
- Skills London (Venue: Excel Centre, Custom House)
- Capel Manor Open Day (Venue: Capel Manor, Enfield)
Subject Visits & Careers Events
Subject teams are also always keen to share specific information about careers with pupils studying their subject, for example the Technology team have taken pupils to the Business Design Centre to visit the New Designers' Exhibition or Science have taken pupils to the Big Bang Event at Leyton Sixth Form College.
Careers' Speakers and Careers' Presentations
The school also schedules careers' presentations as part of our assembly and PSHE programme. Some examples of presentations which we have historically organised:
- Metropolitan Police speaking to Year 10 about Careers in the police force
- Framestore (Visual Effects)
- Moody's (Banking & Finance)
If you are interested in sharing your experience in the workforce with pupils, please contact the Careers Lead, Mr Larvin (firstname.lastname@example.org).