Achievements & Results
Gladesmore provides high-quality education for girls and boys aged 11 to 16. At Gladesmore traditional values such as hard work and effort are rewarded. The focus of the school ethos is to promote respect and learning.
Gladesmore has in 3 successive OFSTED inspections been judged as outstanding in all aspects and assessed as exceptional. In 2011 the school was awarded the Royal Crest by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. This is the highest and most prestigious award given to only a handful of schools in the UK.
The school is situated in pleasant surroundings adjacent to Markfield Park and the River Lea. The site occupies three acres and includes excellent facilities for all subjects. The buildings and resources are excellent in all subject areas and provide pupils with ideal opportunities for success.
Gladesmore has been awarded with numerous national and international honours. And, as the leading school in Mathematics we are supported by Moody’s Corporation of Wall St, NYC and Canary Wharf, London.
Following inspections in 2008, 2009 and 2013 the OFSTED teams declared Gladesmore to be an Outstanding school in all aspects with numerous Exceptional features:
- “an outstanding school in every respect”
- “children speak highly of their awesome school”
- “behaviour is outstanding”
- “teaching is outstanding”
- “pupil progress is exceptional”
- “leadership and management are exemplary”
- “parents are exceptionally positive about the school”
- “relationships between pupils and with staff is outstanding”
- “racial harmony is exemplary”
We offer a broad range of subject experiences for our pupils. In addition, we run a Saturday School, after school tuition and extensive holiday classes to boost progress and help pupils make strong progress.
Class of 2022 — Examination Results
Gladesmore Community School pupils are celebrating excellent GCSE results this year despite exam grade boundaries being returned to the pre-pandemic levels of 2019 and the school having the highest number of entries we have ever had.
57% achieved 5 or more level 4+ GCSE grades including passes in Mathematics and English which is an increase on the 2019 figure.
79% of pupils took the EBacc combination of subjects that include English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science plus either History or Geography and Spanish or French. These pupils did particularly well with 29% achieving level 4+ grades in all these subjects.
73% of pupils achieved level 4+ in English and 67% in maths. Overall, 60% of pupils achieved level 4+ in both English and maths.
Class of 2023 — Individual Achievements & Pathways
Gladesmore pupils, embodying the ethos of respect, enthusiasm, aspiration, cooperation and hard work, have again defied the odds and demonstrated just what can be achieved. We are very proud of our students and our staff, whose commitment to success has allowed us to overcome the challenges during the two years of disruption caused by the pandemic. There is a family atmosphere in the school where all pupils are encouraged and nurtured to do their best.
Some top individual achievers include:
- Jaan R achieved an astonishing nine grade 9s, including Further Maths, and a 7, and is planning to study Maths and Computing.
- Denisa T achieved an incredible seven grade 9s and two grade 8s and is planning to study Law, Biology, Psychology, English Literature.
- Jessica MQ achieved a terrific six grade 9s, two grade 8s and grade 7 in Further Maths, and is planning to study Mathematics, English Literature, Politics and Economics at LAET.
Many of our students have secured places at a range of prestigious colleges across North London, including the London Academy of Excellence, City and Islington College and Haringey 6 th Form. Eleven of our students gained full scholarships to independent boarding schools including Eaton, Felstead, Bradfield, and Sevenoaks. We wish all our students' success as they move onto the next stage of their academic careers.