Expectations / REACH
We are ambitious for all students and we know that you are ambitious too. However, particularly in Year 7, it can be hard to sometimes to know how you can achieve your potential. REACH is a simple way of communicating our values – if you demonstrate these values throughout your time at Gladesmore, you will achieve your goals.
REACH is not just a simple acronym but represents the values at the heart of our school and the means, with which we can continue to raise achievement, improve the climate for learning and strengthen our community.
REACH encourages you to:
- Be polite and respectful to everyone
- Embrace and celebrate our differences
- Keep going even when learning is difficult
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Help each other to succeed
- Respond positively to the opportunities you are offered
- Be an active citizen who is interested in the world around them
- Be an eager learner who asks questions and who wants to know more
- Organise and plan your learning
Gladesmore Community School is a fantastic school, however, you can only fully benefit from its fantastic teachers and curriculum when you are in school. We expect students to be in school, every day, on time, however, we understand that sometimes students cannot be in school due to illness, appointments or family emergencies.
When students miss school for any reason, there is an expectation that they will catch up the learning missed. They can do this by speaking to their teachers and checking for Home Learning on Satchel One (often called Show my Homework).
We kindly ask that you notify the school as soon as you can when a child is going to be absent. There is a dedicated attendance team who will be waiting to receive your phone call. The attendance team are available on: 020 8800 8804.
Students must be on time to school and to lessons. Subject teachers take a register every single lesson and this includes punctuality. Please notify the school if your child is going to be late e.g. because of an appointment.