In this package, pupils will learn about and create their own computer games.
This package is suitable for Key Stage 2 pupils.
- know of games creating resources that can be used for free or low cost at home and in school (memorisation)
- able to control events in a predetermined manner (synthesis)
- able to explore the effects of changing the variables in an ICT based model (analysis)
- able to apply existing knowledge to tackle challenges in a new context (application)
- able to review, reflect and amend a series of instructions to make something happen (evaluation)
- able to apply imagination and to look for alternative, innovative outcomes (synthesis)
- able to adapt a game to present a suitable level of challenge for the intended user (evaluation)
National Priority Areas addressed
- h) N11 Supporting schools in extending learning opportunities
- k) N15 Support the use of technology with the Foundation and Primary curriculum to improve outcomes for learners at KS1/2
- Pupils make a maze game
- More able pupils may want to explore how to add more screens etc.
- Save and upload games made