A generous donation from investment firm RCM has led to the development of the raising achievement programme, Chrysalis East. The five-year project is being coordinated by the London Academy of Excellence Tottenham and involves us working in an ongoing partnership to support our young people to achieve their aspirations.
We are very proud that Gladesmore has a fantastic track record of our young people progressing onto Russell Group universities including Cambridge and Oxford University. This projects supports this continued success.
The programme is based on a model developed by, Highgate Independent School, who Gladesmore have been working for many years. Our work with them has been very positive and wide-ranging including Highgate students helping Year 7 reading with their reading on Saturdays to high level mathematical challenges at Highgate. The collaboration has been very productive and enjoyable.
CHRYSALIS EAST HAS THREE OVERALL AIMS:
- To increase the number of Tottenham students progressing to highly selective universities.
- To increase the number of Tottenham students achieving GCSE grades 7, 8 and 9.
- To increase the number of Tottenham students eligible to enrol at LAE Tottenham.
Expert teachers focus on four areas:
- Core Subject Attainment
- Academic Enrichment
- University Preparation
- Careers and Employability
Our guiding principles are at the heart of all our work:
- We view access to higher education as one of the ways to address social inequality.
- We seek to identify, and overcome, the barriers that prevent young people in Tottenham from progressing to the most prestigious universities and professions.
- We will work with our wider school community to advocate positive destinations for all young people in Tottenham.
- Fostering a sense of belonging and making the invisible rules visible are requisite aspects of a successful transition.
- Sustainability is our starting point; we want to build capacity in the community and create a legacy which endures beyond the length of the programme.