Youth Endowment Fund
Gladesmore Community School were delighted to be awarded funding from the Youth Endowment Fund for a programme designed to mitigate the impact of COVID-19. Our Theory of Change is available to download below.
Our project ran from September 2020 to July 2021 and had a number of aims:
- Young people more likely to fulfil their academic potential by engaging in education
- Young people more likely to have higher self-esteem and more sense of self-worth
- Young people less likely to engage in criminal or negative behaviours
- School develops a more effective intervention system which is data-driven and responsive to individual need
In order to achieve these aims, we:
- Purchased additional resources to support academic progress at homes including a literacy-development programme (Lexia), a programme to support pupils who struggle to access mainstream Maths (Dynamo Maths) and a subscription to a huge digital library (myON)
- Established a light-touch mentoring programme for all pupils in Year 7 and Year 8
- Developed new data-monitoring and data-sharing systems so that pupil monitoring is more efficient and more accurate
- Referred pupils to a wide-range of interventions
If you would like more information about this project, please contact Krista Mitchell (Assistant Headteacher) via email on email@example.com
Outcomes of the project
The school were delighted with the end of project evaluation and many of the developments are continuing to be implemented in school, for example myON, Lexia and Dynamo Maths. Our pastoral teams are continuing to make use of the data-monitoring and data-systems developed as part of the project.